Who: Startup Taranaki
What: Learning & Mentoring; Groups & Events
Startup Taranaki provides community, resources and wayfinding to people in Taranaki who want to explore entrepreneurship and social enterprise so that when they are ready to take the next step, they can gather what they need to move forward with confidence and clarity.
WHO DO YOU WORK WITH AND WHAT KEY CHALLENGES DO YOU HELP THEM SOLVE?
1) People interested in learning about entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship and in finding out whether it’s the right fit for them.
2) People who have an idea they want to turn into a business or social enterprise but aren’t sure where to begin.
3) Entrepreneurs and Social Entrepreneurs who are in the early stages of their venture and need some guidance on how to keep moving.
STARTUP TARANAKI SERVICES
- Startup or entrepreneur related events eg speaker nights, networking (https://www.startuptaranaki.nz/meetups-and-events)
- Mentoring, coaching or advisory services (one-to-one)
- Startup Weekend
We run a monthly meetup for entrepreneurs and people who are curious about entrepreneurship. It takes place on the 4th Wednesday each month at 5:30pm, generally at Manifold Coworking Space in New Plymouth. We host speakers, run workshops and offer networking opportunities.
We offer free individual brainstorm sessions where you can bring your idea or business problem to us for advice, encouragement or just to bounce ideas around. Contact us on email@example.com to book a session.
We also organise a Startup Weekend event annually in Taranaki (https://www.startuptaranaki.nz/startup-weekend).
We hosted our first Startup Weekend in Hāwera in 2020! The previous four events took place in New Plymouth and we look forward to widening our reach across the region in coming years.
WHAT EXCITES YOUR TEAM ABOUT THE WORK YOU DO?
We are a volunteer group of entrepreneurs and entrepreneur-curious people who saw gaps in support through our own experiences and endeavour to offer some of this support to our community. We love helping people unlock their entrepreneurial inclinations and get something started and are inspired to see the energy growing for entrepreneurship across NZ. Our decisions and actions are guided by our commitment to creativity, generosity, and fun.
WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE WITH THE NZ ENTREPRENEUR COMMUNITY?
Thanks to NZ Entrepreneur Magazine for working tirelessly to support entrepreneurs across the country with initiatives like the StartUp NZ guide and their Startup NZ Entrepreneurs Programme (in addition to their engaging content).
There are great people like them across the NZ entrepreneurial ecosystem who are generous with their energy, knowledge and time and it’s part of what makes entrepreneurship in NZ so special.
GET IN TOUCH